The Bamboo Shoots program is designed for children, ages 7 through 10.
Through Filipino Martial Arts, we teach the following:
• Physical literacy. This means giving them the fundamentals of body movement and being able to move around their surrounding environment with confidence.
• Values of respect, confidence, courtesy, and discipline.
• Stranger awareness, personal safety skills, escape techniques, conflict management, and goal setting in a fun relaxed atmosphere.
• Filipino culture. This includes basic terminology, the history of the Philippines and of Modern Arnis.
• Personal safety: We focus on easy to learn empty hand and weapons techniques derived from Filipino martial arts. We also employ role playing and games to reinforce newly learned skills.
Contact me to schedule your child for a free class!